This winter, the whole Salem-Keizer community can work together to keep our schools, students and community safe and healthy.
Remember to follow some simple precautions to prevent illness:
- Stay home when sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid the sharing of cups and utensils.
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth and keep your hands away from your or your child’s face.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched, such as doorknobs and electronic devices.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Consider wearing a mask in crowded indoor settings, especially if you or someone in your home is at high risk for severe disease.
- CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu vaccine annually.
Click on the video above to view YouTube video
When is sick too sick for school?
The list document below helps to provide guidance on when students are too sick for school and should not be considered medical advice. Please contact your healthcare provider with health concerns.