Message From the Athletic Director
Sprague Athletics is committed to excellence in all areas. Our student athletes display Olympian values during their classes, practices and games. Sprague Olympian values focus on honor, integrity, discipline, commitment, loyalty and determination. Sprague athletic programs use sports as a method to assist our students to grow into productive, socially conscious members of society who desire success for all. Student athletes who choose to wear Sprague jersey’s do so knowing they will compete with class and reflect the great tradition of Sprague athletics.
Parent Square for communication
As many of you know we have moved to Parent Square as our primary form of communication surrounding athletics. Coaches will put out information weekly regarding athletic events, changes to scheduling, and other important information. This is the best way to communicate with coaches and get up to date information on your student’s sport. Register today for a Parent Square account. (Watch this brief tutorial).
Please find the most up to date game information.
Sprague Athletic Director/Assistant Principal
Sprague competes in the 6A classification Central Valley Conference and has a long history of winning district, regional and state level competitions.
Register Online with FamilyID
Salem Keizer School District and Sprague High School offer the convenience of online registration through FamilyID FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
Participation Requirements for all OSAA and Salem-Keizer Public Schools Athletic & Activity Programs
- Student must be enrolled in at least 5 classes (and 8 are highly recommended) during the season they wish to participate.
- Passing a minimum of 5 out of 8 classes from the Semester 1 of the 2021-2022 school year and pass 5 out of 8 classes during the previous transcripted Semester
- Student has credits and is on-track to graduate.
- Student Athlete has a current physical on file that will not expire during athletic season (sports physicals are valid for 2 years).
- Student is covered by medical insurance.
- All fees and fines must be paid in advance of tryouts.
- Student must live within the Sprague High School boundary or have applied and been approved for an in-district or intra-district transfer. All transfer students will need to complete required OSAA paperwork before participation.
- Students being homeschooled, attending a charter, or private school must register with Sprague and fill out additional OSAA paperwork before participating in practices or tryouts.
If you have a current sports physical, this information will be added to the online registration for you. If you do not have a current physical, you will need to visit a doctor and a completed physical form to your online registration.
Physicals are valid for two years from the date they were completed and cannot expire during the season.
You will be prompted throughout the online registration process to read Sprague’s sports participation information and sign that you agree to them.
Fall Head Coaches
|Boys Soccer||Juan Perezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Soccer||Francisco Martinez Cruzemail@example.com|
|Cross Country||Debora Deleonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Winter Head Coaches
|Boys Basketball||Jordan Granetoemail@example.com|
|Girls Basketball||Kevan Hansonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Spring Head Coaches
|Track & Field||Brent Charlesemail@example.com|
|Boys Tennis||Gary Wheelerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Tennis||Jennifer Schmellingemail@example.com|
|Boys Golf||Pete Lamanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Golf||Sarah Connie Petersemail@example.com|